Bulgarian Police Arrest Fourteen Illegal Migrants Near Haskovo
A group of fourteen illegal migrants, who had crossed the Bulgarian border without being noticed, was detained in the interior of the country.
The refugees were uncovered during a police check conducted at a private home in the village of Nova Nadezhda in the municipality of Haskovo.
The police officers became suspicious when they saw people in the yard of an uninhabited house, whose owner has a criminal record for smuggling.
The group consisted of ten men, three women and a child, who all claimed to be from Afghanistan, but this is still to be established.
The foreigners will be accommodated at a centre of the migration directorate of the interior ministry.
The owner of the house and another Bulgarian men, both of whom are known to police, were detained.
None of the neighbours had noticed that the house was inhabited by migrants for some time, private NOVA TV informs.
- » Three Migrant Traffickers Arrested Near Turkish Border
- » Turkish Embassy in Denmark Attacked with Petrol Bombs, No Injuries
- » Bulgarian Woman and her Two Children were Killed in Canada
- » Young Family was Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Armed Man Robbed a Casino in Sofia
- » 2 Men Sentenced in Germany For Art Forgery Scheme