Bulgarian Authorities Detain Fifteen Illegal Migrants Near Haskovo
Officers from the regional directorate of the interior ministry in Haskovo detained fifteen illegal migrants in southern Bulgaria on Friday.
During an inspection of agricultural buildings in the area of a dam near the village of Krivo pole, the police uncovered ten adults and five children who had illegally crossed the country's border.
The foreigners, who were found in one of the buildings, claimed to come from Iraq.
A 25-year-old man from the village of Shishmanovo, who had to keep an eye on the foreigners during the night, was also found in the building.
In one of the other buildings, the officers found two grammes of white powdery substance, which tests showed to be amphetamine
Another 800 grammes of amphetamine were found in a car parked outside the building, the press service of the interior ministry informs.
Three other Bulgarian men were detained as suspected accomplices in the harbouring of illegal migrants.
The foreigners were handed to the migration directorate, while the Bulgarian citizens were detained for a period of up to 24 hours.
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)
- » The Police Arrested 41 Bulgarians in Spain
- » A Car with Bulgarian Registration was used in Spectacular Theft in Belgium
- » Spectacular Heist in Montana