Bulgarian Authorities Detain 43 Illegal Migrants Boarded on Cargo Train
Bulgarian border police detained 43 illegal migrants aboard a cargo train passing through the Kapitan Andreevo – railway station border checkpoint.
On Wednesday night, border policemen noticed people on one of the carriages of a cargo train entering from Turkey.
The train was composed of empty carriages-platforms used for the transportation of cars, the interior ministry informs.
The group consisting of eight men, eleven women and 24 children were found on the upper platform of the last carriage.
None of them was in the possession of identity documents, with 28 of them claiming to be from Iraq, while the remaining fifteen identified themselves as coming from Syria.
The cargo train was en route from Istanbul to Austria via Bulgaria and Romania.
The illegal migrants admitted they had boarded the train at the railway station in Edirne.
The foreigners were detained, while the minors have been sent to a specialised accommodation.
The authorities are continuing work on establishing the identity of the foreigners.
- » Three Suicide Bombers took 18 Lives in Nigeria
- » Five Police Cars Chased a Bulgarian Woman Driving 200 km / h. in Italy
- » Bulgarian Couple 'Executed' in Southern Suburbs Home in Cape Town
- » The Police in Argentina Seized Nearly 10 Tons of Marijuana Worth $ 20 million
- » Greece is Investigating the Death of a Bulgarian in Serres
- » Twins were Arrested in New York with a 15kg of Explosives