Bulgaria Police Detain 45 Illegal Migrants in Burgas Region
Bulgarian police have detained 45 illegal migrants and five Bulgarian citizens who transported them in three separate cases in the southwestern Burgas Region on Tuesday.
Thirty-one foreign nationals, all of them claiming to be of Afghan origin, had been found inside a van during police inspection in Zidarovo village near Sozopol, the Ministry of the Interior said in a statement on Wednesday. Two Bulgarian nationals, including the driver of the van, were also detained.
Nine men, claiming to be citizens of Afghanistan and Pakistan, were detained in a passenger car after a police chase near one of the neighbourhoods of Burgas city. The Bulgarian driver of the car and another Bulgarian male, who drove a second car escorting it, were also arrested.
In the third case, police found five illegal migrants in a car stopped for inspection at a road checkpoint on the outskirts of Burgas. The Bulgarian driver was also detained.
Police have launched an investigation on charges of people smuggling against the five Bulgarian nationals, according to the statement.
- » The Ombudsman and the Trade Unions Submit a Legislative Proposal to Protect Labor Rights
- » Investments of over BGN 12 Million in the Border Region Between Bulgaria and Serbia
- » The Holy Synod Declared Itself Against the Istanbul Convention
- » Ivaylo Moskovski: By the End of the Year the Debts of BDZ must be Repaid
- » Agency for Road Infrastructure: The Roads are Clean
- » Over BGN 41 Million Granted for Repairs in Sofia