Bulgaria Detains 39 Alleged Afghan Migrants on Outskirts of Sofia
Bulgarian police have detained 39 foreign nationals carrying no identity documents and claiming to be Afghan citizens on the southeastern outskirts of Sofia, the Ministry of the Interior said on Saturday.
Three Bulgarian citizens, who drove the passenger cars packed with illegal migrants, were also detained.
The foreign nationals – 11 men, 15 women and 13 children – were apprehended on Trakia motorway near the village of Gorni Lozen about 4 p.m. on Saturday, the ministry said.
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile
- » 805 Phone Frauds Since the Beginning of the Year in Bulgaria
- » Spanish Police Bust International Crime Ring for Stealing Cars
- » Authorities Seized 17 Illegal Migrants near Kostinbrod