Bulgaria Detains 39 Alleged Afghan Migrants on Outskirts of Sofia
Bulgarian police have detained 39 foreign nationals carrying no identity documents and claiming to be Afghan citizens on the southeastern outskirts of Sofia, the Ministry of the Interior said on Saturday.
Three Bulgarian citizens, who drove the passenger cars packed with illegal migrants, were also detained.
The foreign nationals – 11 men, 15 women and 13 children – were apprehended on Trakia motorway near the village of Gorni Lozen about 4 p.m. on Saturday, the ministry said.
- » Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead
- » Two People were Detained in London on Suspicion of Preparing an Attack
- » Police Kill Man Attacking Bakery Workers in Germany
- » Five People were Killed in a Bomb Explosion during a Soccer Match in Somalia
- » Police is Still Searching For the Escaped Prisoner From Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor: We Received Documents for Extradition of 4 More People to the US