Bulgarian Police Detain 16 Illegal Migrants in Pazardzhik Region
Police have apprehended 16 illegal migrants near the village of Gelemenovo, in Pazardhik Region, in southern Bulgaria, local media reported on Sunday.
The migrants were believed to have arrived from Afghanistan. They carried no identity documents and police were trying to find where and how they had entered Bulgaria.
The village of Gelemenovo is located close to Trakia motorway which links Bulgaria's southeastern regions bordering Turkey with Sofia and the Bulgarian border with Serbia.
Migration authorities have sent the detained foreign nationals to a migrant reception and registration centre in Elhovo, Yambol Region pending investigation.
- » Arrested Suspect for the Attacks in Munich Earlier Today
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo