Bulgaria's Volleyball Team Loses to France, Dashing Olympic Hopes
The Bulgarian men's volleyball team has been defeated by France 0:3, losing its chance to play at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
Even if the Bulgarians had secured a victory, that might have been far from enough as they needed to win three games with an overall edge of at least 21 points.
However, the heavy defeat (19:25, 20:25, 15:25) delivered by France has even prompted Bulgaria's national coach Plamen Konstantinov to hint at a possible resignation, reminding "a coach always goes with a resignation in their pocket" and to voice dissatisfaction with the performance of some players.
On Thursday, Bulgaria also lost to Russia in what Konstantinov described as a weak game.
- » The Teams Ranked For the 1/16-Finals in the Europa League
- » Ludogorets Lost 1:2 from Istanbul Başakşehir in Razgrad
- » Grigor Dimitrov Triumphed in the Final Season Tournament in London! (Updated)
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Now 3rd in the World Ranking
- » Dimitar Berbatov's Adventure in India Begins Today
- » Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018