Bulgaria's Volleyball Team Loses to France, Dashing Olympic Hopes
The Bulgarian men's volleyball team has been defeated by France 0:3, losing its chance to play at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
Even if the Bulgarians had secured a victory, that might have been far from enough as they needed to win three games with an overall edge of at least 21 points.
However, the heavy defeat (19:25, 20:25, 15:25) delivered by France has even prompted Bulgaria's national coach Plamen Konstantinov to hint at a possible resignation, reminding "a coach always goes with a resignation in their pocket" and to voice dissatisfaction with the performance of some players.
On Thursday, Bulgaria also lost to Russia in what Konstantinov described as a weak game.
- » Dimitar Berbatov is Preparing to Become BFU Chief or Minister
- » Wayne Rooney Pleaded Guilty, Remains 2 Years Without a Driving License
- » Victoria Tomova is Bulgaria's New Best in Tennis for Women
- » Barcelona President: Messi Already Signed a New Contract
- » Bulgaria has Climbed 14 Places and is Among the Top 40 in the FIFA Rankings
- » Ludogorets took a Point in Turkey from Istanbul Basaksehir