Bulgaria's Volleyball Team Loses to France, Dashing Olympic Hopes
The Bulgarian men's volleyball team has been defeated by France 0:3, losing its chance to play at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
Even if the Bulgarians had secured a victory, that might have been far from enough as they needed to win three games with an overall edge of at least 21 points.
However, the heavy defeat (19:25, 20:25, 15:25) delivered by France has even prompted Bulgaria's national coach Plamen Konstantinov to hint at a possible resignation, reminding "a coach always goes with a resignation in their pocket" and to voice dissatisfaction with the performance of some players.
On Thursday, Bulgaria also lost to Russia in what Konstantinov described as a weak game.
- » Gambling in the British Premier League
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam
- » Milan Won 3:0 Against Ludogorets in Razgrad