Specialized Operation Targeting Illegal Migration in Bulgaria's Sofia
Sofia police have carried out a specialized operation targeting migrants in several parts of Bulgaria's capital, officials say.
As many as 562 people had their documents checked by police.
The operation, which involved inspections at hotels, hostels "and other accommodation centers" among other sites, was planned and confirmed by Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov, the Interior Ministry's press office reported on Friday.
As many as 267 places were inspected "to establish [the presence of] illegally dwelling foreigners".
Ten Bulgarians and three foreign nationals with no proper documents were detained by police to further establish their identity.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses