Specialized Operation Targeting Illegal Migration in Bulgaria's Sofia
Sofia police have carried out a specialized operation targeting migrants in several parts of Bulgaria's capital, officials say.
As many as 562 people had their documents checked by police.
The operation, which involved inspections at hotels, hostels "and other accommodation centers" among other sites, was planned and confirmed by Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov, the Interior Ministry's press office reported on Friday.
As many as 267 places were inspected "to establish [the presence of] illegally dwelling foreigners".
Ten Bulgarians and three foreign nationals with no proper documents were detained by police to further establish their identity.
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq
- » Bulgaria’s Border Police Breakes Up Criminal Group Manufacturing Counterfeit Identification Documents
- » Airports and Nuclear Power Stations on Terror Alert