Specialized Operation Targeting Illegal Migration in Bulgaria's Sofia
Sofia police have carried out a specialized operation targeting migrants in several parts of Bulgaria's capital, officials say.
As many as 562 people had their documents checked by police.
The operation, which involved inspections at hotels, hostels "and other accommodation centers" among other sites, was planned and confirmed by Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov, the Interior Ministry's press office reported on Friday.
As many as 267 places were inspected "to establish [the presence of] illegally dwelling foreigners".
Ten Bulgarians and three foreign nationals with no proper documents were detained by police to further establish their identity.
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)
- » The Police Arrested 41 Bulgarians in Spain
- » A Car with Bulgarian Registration was used in Spectacular Theft in Belgium
- » Spectacular Heist in Montana