Specialized Operation Targeting Illegal Migration in Bulgaria's Sofia
Sofia police have carried out a specialized operation targeting migrants in several parts of Bulgaria's capital, officials say.
As many as 562 people had their documents checked by police.
The operation, which involved inspections at hotels, hostels "and other accommodation centers" among other sites, was planned and confirmed by Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov, the Interior Ministry's press office reported on Friday.
As many as 267 places were inspected "to establish [the presence of] illegally dwelling foreigners".
Ten Bulgarians and three foreign nationals with no proper documents were detained by police to further establish their identity.
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison
- » A US Student will go to Jail Because of Faked Voter Lists