Bulgarian Authorities Detain 109 Illegal Immigrants in Truck Near Pazardzhik
Bulgarian authorities detained on Tuesday a large group of 109 illegal immigrants on the road between the villages of Lesichоvo and Kalugerovo in the region of Pazardzhik.
A signal for a group of people getting off a truck was submitted to the emergency telephone number 112 and redirected to the police department in Pazardzhik, with police officers and cars immediately deployed to the area.
According to media reports, the group consisting of men, women and children was found in a woody area between the two villages.
They were transported to the woods with the help of a 55-year-old Macedonian citizen driving a DAF truck with a trailer. The driver has been detained for 24 hours.
At present, the authorities are organizing medical examinations and temporary accommodation for all migrants.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses