Bulgarian Authorities Detain 109 Illegal Immigrants in Truck Near Pazardzhik
Bulgarian authorities detained on Tuesday a large group of 109 illegal immigrants on the road between the villages of Lesichоvo and Kalugerovo in the region of Pazardzhik.
A signal for a group of people getting off a truck was submitted to the emergency telephone number 112 and redirected to the police department in Pazardzhik, with police officers and cars immediately deployed to the area.
According to media reports, the group consisting of men, women and children was found in a woody area between the two villages.
They were transported to the woods with the help of a 55-year-old Macedonian citizen driving a DAF truck with a trailer. The driver has been detained for 24 hours.
At present, the authorities are organizing medical examinations and temporary accommodation for all migrants.
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq
- » Bulgaria’s Border Police Breakes Up Criminal Group Manufacturing Counterfeit Identification Documents
- » Airports and Nuclear Power Stations on Terror Alert