Bulgaria Police Detain 18 Migrants Near Turkey Border
The Interior Ministry's unit in Burgas says it has detained 18 migrants who crossed into Bulgaria from Turkey over the past 24 hours.
The eighteeen who argue they are Kurds from Iraq have been detained near Tsarevo, Southeastern Bulgaria, not far from the border with Turkey.
Two smugglers have also been taken into custody. Each of them received EUR 1000 from each one of the migrants, officials say.
- » Minister Valentin Radev: Burgas Has Highest Criminality
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna