Bulgaria Police Detain 18 Migrants Near Turkey Border
The Interior Ministry's unit in Burgas says it has detained 18 migrants who crossed into Bulgaria from Turkey over the past 24 hours.
The eighteeen who argue they are Kurds from Iraq have been detained near Tsarevo, Southeastern Bulgaria, not far from the border with Turkey.
Two smugglers have also been taken into custody. Each of them received EUR 1000 from each one of the migrants, officials say.
- » 50 Mobsters Arrested in Southern Italy
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes
- » Police in Varna Disrupted a Scheme for False Medical Documents