Tihomir Stoychev 'to Take Over' as Bulgarian Ambassador to US
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev's Foreign Policy Secretary, Tihomir Stoychev, will be next Bulgarian envoy to the United States, 24 Chasa ("24 Hours") daily reports.
Stoychev stood out for being "well-known to the Americans", as President Plevneliev and Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov found out during this year's sessions of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, the mass-circulation newspaper says, citing its own Foreign Ministry sources.
Between 2003 and 2007 he was First Secretary at Bulgaria's Embassy to Washington, and for some time in 2010 was Charg? d'Affairs.
He has worked as secretary to President Plevneliev since 2012.
Elena Poptodorova, who is the country's Ambassador to the US as of the moment, was to end her term earlier in 2015 before it was extended until the end of the year.
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations