Bulgarian Police Detains 12 Illegal Immigrants After Car Pursuit in Burgas
Bulgarian authorities detained twelve illegal immigrants after a police operation involving a car pursuit in the city of Burgas.
Officers from the fifth district department noticed a car bearing a Sofia licence plate to be speeding on one of the city's boulevards.
The police officers engaged in a pursuit after the driver of the car ignored the orders of the authorities to stop, the press service of the interior ministry informs.
After changing the direction of movement, the fugitive lost control of the vehicle and crashed in the roadside ditch.
The driver and the passenger seated next to him jumped out of the vehicle and ran away in different directions once again ignoring the police orders to stop.
A total of twelve foreigners emerged from the vehicle, who were not in the possession of identity documents and had crossed the country's border illegally.
The foreigners, who identified themselves as coming from Syria, were taken to the second district department and were arrested for 24 hours.
- » Renovated Part of Sofia's Dondukov Boulevard is Being Renovated Again
- » Surprising Checks in Stores about Christmas Decorations and Fireworks
- » Gallup: 79% of Bulgarians do not Want Early Elections
- » Prison Officers from Plovdiv Hold Protest
- » Bulgaria’s Jan-Oct New Light Commercial Vehicle Registrations Rise
- » Strasbourg Court Decided on EUR 462,000 for the Blue House in Plovdiv