Bulgarian Police Arrests 107 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
The police arrested 107 illegal immigrants in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, the press service of the interior ministry informs.
The first group consisting of 49 foreign citizens, including a woman and three children, were detained in the Moderno predgradie (Modern suburb) neighbourhood.
The illegal immigrants claimed to be citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Shortly after the first arrest, a second group of 58 men, claiming to be citizens of Afghanistan, were detained under the bridge near the Nadezhda overcrossing.
None of the detained foreigners carried identity documents.
All of them were taken to the district police departments for establishing their identity and taking further actions.
The police assured that its systematic operations on countering illegal immigration continue.
- » 53 Illegal Migrants Caught When Trying to Pass Danuv Bridge
- » Georgy Gergov Resigned From BSP
- » The BSP’s Plenary Session Аrgue if The Fall of Gergov is Part of The Current Political Scene
- » BSP Party Wants Georgy Gergov To Resign
- » President Rumen Radev: The Information About The Water in Haskovo Is Hidden, The Situation Is Reminiscent of Chernobyl Syndrome
- » Caretaker PM Explains Cabinet Personnel Changes