Border Police Detains 35 Illegal Migrants in 24 Hours
Bulgarian Border Police said on Tuesday they have prevented 310 attempts of illegal migrants to cross from Turkey over the past 24 hours.
Another 29 foreign nationals have been detained while trying to sneak into Serbia. Eighteen of them were apprehended south of Kalotina border checkpoint. None of them carried identity documents.
Another 11 people claiming to be Afghan nationals but having no identity papers were detained by a border police patrol near the village of Berende Izvor, Dragoman municipality.
At the opposite end of Bulgaria’s territory, near the Black Sea town of Sozopol, border police detained six foreign nationals claiming to have come from Iraq but having no documents with them.
- » General Prosecutor of Russia: 'Russia is Not a Threat to Bulgaria'
- » Traffic on 'Vitinya' Tunnel on Hemus Highway is Now Restored
- » There is No Data For Injured Bulgarian Citizens as a Result of the Earthquake in Mexico
- » Prosecutor is Sentenced to 6 Months Probation
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: ''Effective Management of Migration is Priority for Bulgarian EU Presidency''
- » European Investment Grows in Bulgaria