Border Police Detains 35 Illegal Migrants in 24 Hours
Bulgarian Border Police said on Tuesday they have prevented 310 attempts of illegal migrants to cross from Turkey over the past 24 hours.
Another 29 foreign nationals have been detained while trying to sneak into Serbia. Eighteen of them were apprehended south of Kalotina border checkpoint. None of them carried identity documents.
Another 11 people claiming to be Afghan nationals but having no identity papers were detained by a border police patrol near the village of Berende Izvor, Dragoman municipality.
At the opposite end of Bulgaria’s territory, near the Black Sea town of Sozopol, border police detained six foreign nationals claiming to have come from Iraq but having no documents with them.
- » Gallup International: Five+One Party Could Enter Parliament
- » President Rumen Radev: Bulgaria Does Not Give or Accept Lessons on Democracy
- » Border Checkpoints With Turkey Blocked Again By Protests Due to "Voting Tourism''
- » Seven Agencies to Make Exit Poll on the Day of Snap Elections in Bulgaria
- » Farm Protests are Expected Again in Various Parts of Bulgaria
- » New Europe: EU Sees Transport Investment Opportunities in Bulgaria