Turkish Authorities Detain 293 Illegal Immigrants at Border with Bulgaria
The Turkish gendarmerie in the border town of Kirklareli detained 293 illegal immigrants in the past five days.
The refugees were uncovered near the Bulgarian-Turkish border in the forest next to the town of Demirkoy from where they intended to cross into Bulgaria and other European countries.
The authorities detained five people as organisers of a channel for human trafficking across the border.
The detained immigrants have been handed over to the directorate on migration, daily Dnevnik informs.
Another incident involving refugees occurred at a border checkpoint between Greece and Macedonia on Monday.
A group of illegal immigrants attacked the Macedonian border police with stones and bottles.
Three of the attackers - Syrian citizens were detained.
Just in the space of a month, 40 000 people entered into Macedonia.
- » Premier Filip on a Working Visit to Brussels
- » Taking Action to Isolate a Country in All Areas is Inhumane and Un-Islamic
- » Turkey Maintains Ban on German Vsits to Incirlik Airbase
- » Poland ‘Not Interested’ in Joining Eurozone
- » Aleksandar Vucic Sworn in as Serbia's Next President
- » Debates on New Cabinet in Skopje Start Tomorrow