Turkish Authorities Detain 293 Illegal Immigrants at Border with Bulgaria
The Turkish gendarmerie in the border town of Kirklareli detained 293 illegal immigrants in the past five days.
The refugees were uncovered near the Bulgarian-Turkish border in the forest next to the town of Demirkoy from where they intended to cross into Bulgaria and other European countries.
The authorities detained five people as organisers of a channel for human trafficking across the border.
The detained immigrants have been handed over to the directorate on migration, daily Dnevnik informs.
Another incident involving refugees occurred at a border checkpoint between Greece and Macedonia on Monday.
A group of illegal immigrants attacked the Macedonian border police with stones and bottles.
Three of the attackers - Syrian citizens were detained.
Just in the space of a month, 40 000 people entered into Macedonia.
- » EU to Give Turkey More Funding to Extend Migrant Dea
- » Turkey-US Relations do not Depend on Individuals, PM Yıldırım Says After Tillerson Exit
- » Turkey has Warned Germany Over Mosque Attacks
- » Pace of Talks with FYROM Slows as Athens Waits
- » Turkish Justice Minister: Chemical Castration not to be Implemented For Every Child Abuse Case
- » Romania's Ruling-Party Boss Strengthens His Grip on Power