Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
Police officers have detained 35 migrants in the downtown area of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, private bTV station reports.
It is now yet clear whether the people arrested have a refugee status, asylum seekers pending status, or have crossed into Bulgaria illegally.
All groups of people are known to reside in the area around the Ladies' Market (Zhenski Pazar), an area populated by a vast number of migrants from the Middle East and Africa.
- » Nearly 100 000 Leva are Stolen from an ATM in Pleven
- » 10 Officials of Automobile Administration Agency Detained over Corruption
- » 175 illegal Migrants Caught at the Bulgarian Border in March
- » NYT: Toronto Van Driver Kills at Least 10 People
- » Smuggling of Cigarettes in Bulgaria is Currently 6.6%
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria