Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
Police officers have detained 35 migrants in the downtown area of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, private bTV station reports.
It is now yet clear whether the people arrested have a refugee status, asylum seekers pending status, or have crossed into Bulgaria illegally.
All groups of people are known to reside in the area around the Ladies' Market (Zhenski Pazar), an area populated by a vast number of migrants from the Middle East and Africa.
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison
- » A US Student will go to Jail Because of Faked Voter Lists
- » Units to Counteract Phone Scams Were Set Up in Several Cities in Bulgaria