Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
Police officers have detained 35 migrants in the downtown area of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, private bTV station reports.
It is now yet clear whether the people arrested have a refugee status, asylum seekers pending status, or have crossed into Bulgaria illegally.
All groups of people are known to reside in the area around the Ladies' Market (Zhenski Pazar), an area populated by a vast number of migrants from the Middle East and Africa.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses