Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
Police officers have detained 35 migrants in the downtown area of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, private bTV station reports.
It is now yet clear whether the people arrested have a refugee status, asylum seekers pending status, or have crossed into Bulgaria illegally.
All groups of people are known to reside in the area around the Ladies' Market (Zhenski Pazar), an area populated by a vast number of migrants from the Middle East and Africa.
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.