Bulgarian Police Detain Ten Syrian Illegal Migrants, Alleged Trafficker
The Bulgarian police detained early on Sunday a group of ten Syrian illegal migrants, as they were traveling through the territory of the region of Stara Zagora.
The illegal migrants were uncovered in the cargo compartment of a van. The driver of the vehicle was also detained.
The vehicle was spotted by a crew of traffic police officers in the village of Sredets in the Stara Zagora district, daily Standart reports.
The driver and the passengers have been detained for 24 hours and the investigation should establish whether the driver is connected to any of the human trafficking schemes.
The Syrian citizens, who had crossed the border illegally, will be sent to some of the refugee accommodation centres.
This is the third group of illegal migrants, which has been detained in the district of Stara Zagora in April.
Last week, the Bulgarian police detained seventeen illegal migrants after their vehicle was involved in a road accident on Trakia Motorway near the town of Chirpan.
In the beginning of April, another fourteen migrants, who had crossed the Bulgarian border illegally, were detained.
At the first sitting of the district security council last week, the chief of the Stara Zagora police department Ivan Cholakov admitted that since the beginning of the year the trafficking of illegal migrants in the region has increased compared to 2014.
- » Thousands of Britons have Bought Fake Diplomas
- » Arrested Doctor Worked Under the Influence of Alcohol
- » California Horror Story: Thirteen Brothers and Sisters were Found Chained by their Parents in a House
- » Serbian Political Leader In Northern Kosovo Shot Dead
- » Nearly 30 Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » 15 were Injured in a Russian School after an Assault by Masked Men