Border Police Officers Stage Protest
Border police officers in Elhovo will be protesting on Wednesday on 12 pm members of the Syndicate of the Interior Ministry Employees will express their dissatisfaction with the policies of the Regional Directorate Border Police.
Officers largely insist for a change in their work schedule that had been shifted from 24 to 12 hours. They also stated that shifts and additional local checks need to be optimized as all the work procedures extend their work days to 14 hours.
The employees of border police are often transported to their watch posts with extremely old and hardly operational buses, posing a threat to their lives on a daily basis.
Additionally, the syndicates stated that the practice for the same officers to be detached on locations with high control and that the period between two missions is less than 15 days.
''The protest on April 8 will mark the beginning of a series of regional and national protests and will clearly send a message to the leadership in the Interior Ministry,'' stated a syndicate representative. ''If policies are not changed drastically in all directorates , this will lead to increase of conventional crime and will threaten the citizens of the Republic of Bulgaria.''
- » BGN 1.6 billion will Cost the Construction of the Vidin-Sofia Highway
- » The New Tiles in front of the National Palace of Culture did not Last Until the End of the European Presidency
- » Over 20.7 million leva have been Allocated to Overcome the Consequences of Disasters in Bulgaria
- » For the Moment, Bulgaria will not Extradite Bulgarians to the Case of "Zhelyaz Andreev"
- » Bulgarian PM: Bulgaria Has Reduced Its External Debt
- » Film Shooting Changes Urban Mobility in Sofia