Border Police Officers Stage Protest
Border police officers in Elhovo will be protesting on Wednesday on 12 pm members of the Syndicate of the Interior Ministry Employees will express their dissatisfaction with the policies of the Regional Directorate Border Police.
Officers largely insist for a change in their work schedule that had been shifted from 24 to 12 hours. They also stated that shifts and additional local checks need to be optimized as all the work procedures extend their work days to 14 hours.
The employees of border police are often transported to their watch posts with extremely old and hardly operational buses, posing a threat to their lives on a daily basis.
Additionally, the syndicates stated that the practice for the same officers to be detached on locations with high control and that the period between two missions is less than 15 days.
''The protest on April 8 will mark the beginning of a series of regional and national protests and will clearly send a message to the leadership in the Interior Ministry,'' stated a syndicate representative. ''If policies are not changed drastically in all directorates , this will lead to increase of conventional crime and will threaten the citizens of the Republic of Bulgaria.''
- » Rosen Plevneliev with Report on Russian Cyber Attack During Local Elections in 2015
- » Consultations of President With Parliamentary Forces Start
- » Future Cabinet to be Discussed by GERB, UP on Monday
- » Тran to Hold Local Referendum on Gold Mining on June 11
- » 53 Illegal Migrants Caught When Trying to Pass Danuv Bridge
- » Georgy Gergov Resigned From BSP