Putin Has Little to Offer Eastern Europe, Gerd Koenen Tells DW
Russia is lacking a working coherent strategy towards countries in Eastern Europe and Moscow under President Vladimir Putin has little to offer to countries in the region, German historian Gerd Koenen has opined.
“You can certainly try to court members of the political elite. You can sound the call of the old Orthodox solidarity, as is being attempted in Moldova, Bulgaria, Serbia and also Greece,” Koenen said in an interview [EN] for Deutsche Welle.
“But Moscow cannot "save" Greece if it goes bankrupt, nor can Moscow draw the country permanently into its orbit,” he said.
Looking at the Kremlin’s plans for Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia, Koenen commented that they are continuing to display “the fatal political combination” of self-isolation and overextending Russia’s global reach which contributed to the collapse of the USSR.
The three small Baltic states may be NATO members now but they never were home to Alliance bases or troops.
“Now, faced with the threat of concealed "hybrid" warfare like in [Ukraine's] Donbass region, there will be some small, more symbolic, bases,” according to Koenen.
You can read the whole interview here:
- » Greek Ambassador Grigorios Vassiloconstandakis: Bulgarian Presidency is going to Add Specific Value in the European Union’s Way Forward
- » Danish Ambassador Søren Jacobsen: Bilateral Relations Between Bulgaria and Denmark Are Excellent Both in the Political, Cultural and Commercial Areas
- » Spanish Ambassador to Bulgaria D. Francisco Javier PÉREZ-GRIFFO Y DE VIDES: Spain support Bulgaria's accession to Schengen area
- » Production Designer Alaine Bainée to Talk during the 24th Edition of the Week of Spanish and Ibero-American Cinema
- » Boris Popivanov, Political Scientist: 'We Have Very Unstable International Environment'
- » Rositsa Valkanova: Romanian Movies Took Bulgarians on Their Teams to Berlin and Cannes
It depends: if you are a Westerner (regardless if you are a Nazi Westerner, a Nazi-like one [blond or redhead, without necessarily being a Nazi], or you don't belong to any of the first 2 categories -- pardon my... Greek, "category" being a Greek word): do as your Jwish masters tell you ;)
"And without", and "unlike", no doubt;)…Without the own free voice, without the own sovereign choice but with the honorable duty to support, to justify, to prise up to the skies the disgusting crimes of the Big Boss&Puppets all over the world.....just unlike "those Russians" who have the guts to spit on the stinking "exceptionalism" and to follow their own path.
EU money is not free that's what the greeks are finding out. As far as ukraine is concerned the one initiating hybrid warfare were NAto. Things did not turn out as they wanted however. Bulgaria will now have the ,joy od discovering that the EU is good old soviet union with smartphones......