Meteorite Falls in Central Bulgaria
A meteorite has landed in the Sredna Gora mountain near the town of Sopot, in Central Bulgaria.
Locals reported seeing bright lights just before 19:00 EET (17:00 GMT) followed by rumbles and smoke, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
Some witnesses claim the fireball looked "the size of a washing machine" while making its way downwards.
But Sopot Mayor Veselin Lichev told private national channel TV7 that "it was a small piece of a rock... It fell somewhere in Sredna Gora and we will not be able to find it."
Lichev ruled out that it could set anything ablaze, since there have been no reports of a fire in the past 15 hours.
- » The Weather Today Will be Sunny With Temperatures Between 25°C and 30°C
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped
- » Antarctica: Preparation For 26th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition Started
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind in 12 Regions In Bulgaria
- » The Temperatures Go Up