Bulgaria's Border Police Arrests 41 Syrians At Crossing With Romania
Bulgaria's border police arrested 41 Syrians at the Danube Bridge border crossing with Romania for illegally trying to leave the country, reports Vesti.bg.
They were found early on Thursday morning hiding in a truck with Turkish plates. The Turkish driver was also arrested.
According to the border police, the illegal immigrants got on the truck in Bulgaria. The truck was carrying window glazing for the Czech Republic.
On Wednesday evening the border police at the same crossing arrested two illegal immigrants from Afghanistan, hiding in a truck with textiles.
The driver was not arrested, as the police established the two had cut the truck's tarpaulin and got on secretly.
On Wednesday the border police apprehended at the Oryahovo border crossing 52 illegal immigrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.
The total number of illegal immigrants arrested at the Bulgarian-Romanian border is around 150 since the beginning of the week.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses