Number Of Illegal Immigrants In Bulgaria Grew Significantly In September
The number of illegal immigrants, seeking shelter in Bulgaria grew exponentially in September, shows data of the State Refugee Agency, quoted by Dnevnik.bg.
Only in September 6776 people sought refugee status in Bulgaria. For comparison, the total number for the entire 2013 was 7100.
“The trend started sometime in mid-August and has been picking up speed since,” Vasil Danov of the State Refugee Agency told Dnevnik.bg. “The numbers increased significantly in September and October. The most obvious reason is the civil war in Syria, the Islamic State terror and the withdrawal of NATO forces from Afghanistan.”
According to Danov, the most significant number of illegal immigrants are Syrians, but the Afghans' numbers grow significantly. The refugee centres, in Danov's words, are already packed to capacity and the agency can organise the housing of additional 800 people.
Meanwhile, the agency expects that the numbers of illegal immigrants in Bulgaria will continue rising.
- » There was a Slight Earthquake in the Region of Shumen
- » Climate Change Could Deny You Your Favorite Cup of Coffee
- » New Earthquake in Iran, Dozens were Injured
- » This is How Many Spiders You Eat in Your Sleep Every Year
- » Good Weather over the Weekend, Next Week Begins with Snow
- » 12 Thousand Bulgarians Live and Work in Portugal