51 People Detained At Bulgaria's Borders Over Weekend
A total of 51 persons were apprehended at Bulgaria's border checkpoints over the weekend, the Ministry of Interior informs.
Of those, 50 were detained at the Bulgarian-Turkish border and one at the Bulgarian-Macedonian border.
In order to combat illegal migration, the Migration Directorate at the Interior Ministry has concentrated its efforts towards the effective implementation of the repatriation procedure. The European Asylum Support Office provides expert and organizational support to Bulgaria on the procedures and management of asylum seekers accommodation centers, BGNES news agency reports.
Meanwhile, 39 illegal immigrants from Afghanistan were detained in Bulgaria's capital city Sofia, Bulgarian National Radio informs, citing its own sources. Only two of those arrested during the latest police operation had valid IDs. The rest of the detainees have resided illegally in the country. They will be taken to the Ministry of Interior centers. From there, some of them will probably be accommodated in refugee centers, news.bg notes.
- » There was a Slight Earthquake in the Region of Shumen
- » Climate Change Could Deny You Your Favorite Cup of Coffee
- » New Earthquake in Iran, Dozens were Injured
- » This is How Many Spiders You Eat in Your Sleep Every Year
- » Good Weather over the Weekend, Next Week Begins with Snow
- » 12 Thousand Bulgarians Live and Work in Portugal