Tens Of Illegal Immigrants Apprehended In Sofia
Tens of illegal immigrants were apprehended by the police in Bulgaria's Sofia in the past several days, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
Most often they were abandoned by human traffickers in the Druzhba district of Sofia, or close to the exit of the Trakia highway.
According to the police the traffickers were dropping the immigrants – mostly from Syria and Afghanistan - at night and then they hired taxis to take them to the immigrant hostels in downtown Sofia.
In the past 24 hours the police arrested seven illegal immigrants, but in the previous days the numbers varied between 20 and 30 per day.
- » Around 1,500 Migrants have been Rescued in the Last Three Days in the Mediterranean
- » Number of Students in Bulgaria Decreased by 17% Due to the Low Birth rates and Migration
- » There was a Slight Earthquake in the Region of Shumen
- » Climate Change Could Deny You Your Favorite Cup of Coffee
- » New Earthquake in Iran, Dozens were Injured
- » This is How Many Spiders You Eat in Your Sleep Every Year
Do you guys know the difference between trafficking/traffickers and smuggling/smugglers? Apparently this news concerns smugglers and not traffickers - traffickers will not "drop" their victims in Sofia but will find ways to exploit them.
Also, please refrain from using the term "illegal immigrant" - no person is illegal! See more info at picum.org/picum.org/uploads/file_/TerminologyLeaflet_reprint_FINAL.pdf