Tens Of Illegal Immigrants Apprehended In Sofia
Tens of illegal immigrants were apprehended by the police in Bulgaria's Sofia in the past several days, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
Most often they were abandoned by human traffickers in the Druzhba district of Sofia, or close to the exit of the Trakia highway.
According to the police the traffickers were dropping the immigrants – mostly from Syria and Afghanistan - at night and then they hired taxis to take them to the immigrant hostels in downtown Sofia.
In the past 24 hours the police arrested seven illegal immigrants, but in the previous days the numbers varied between 20 and 30 per day.
- » The Oscar-nominated Bulgarian: Our Government is Fake
- » Western Clinics Avoid Accepting Bulgarians
- » Flu Kills 37 In Romania Year To Date
- » Illegal migrants in the EU Decreased by 60% in 2017
- » Trade Unions Expert: 71% of Bulgarians Live with Income below Minimum Standard
- » Clouds With Rain Today, Maximum Temperatures of 4-9°C
Do you guys know the difference between trafficking/traffickers and smuggling/smugglers? Apparently this news concerns smugglers and not traffickers - traffickers will not "drop" their victims in Sofia but will find ways to exploit them.
Also, please refrain from using the term "illegal immigrant" - no person is illegal! See more info at picum.org/picum.org/uploads/file_/TerminologyLeaflet_reprint_FINAL.pdf