Tens Of Illegal Immigrants Apprehended In Sofia
Tens of illegal immigrants were apprehended by the police in Bulgaria's Sofia in the past several days, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
Most often they were abandoned by human traffickers in the Druzhba district of Sofia, or close to the exit of the Trakia highway.
According to the police the traffickers were dropping the immigrants – mostly from Syria and Afghanistan - at night and then they hired taxis to take them to the immigrant hostels in downtown Sofia.
In the past 24 hours the police arrested seven illegal immigrants, but in the previous days the numbers varied between 20 and 30 per day.
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
Do you guys know the difference between trafficking/traffickers and smuggling/smugglers? Apparently this news concerns smugglers and not traffickers - traffickers will not "drop" their victims in Sofia but will find ways to exploit them.
Also, please refrain from using the term "illegal immigrant" - no person is illegal! See more info at picum.org/picum.org/uploads/file_/TerminologyLeaflet_reprint_FINAL.pdf