Bulgaria's Customs Officers Apprehend 54 Illegal Immigrants at Danube Bridge Checkpoint
Bulgaria's customs officers have apprehended 54 unidentified individuals – reportedly illegal immigrants – at checkpoint Danube Bridge, reports Nova TV.
A total of 46 Syrians and 8 Iraqi nationals were found Friday morning in a truck carrying heavy equipment to Germany, announced the Border Police in the city of Ruse.
All 54 people and the driver of the truck were detained.
Border Police Ruse reported that this is the largest group that has been apprehended at Danube Bridge checkpoint since the beginning of the year.
- » Three French People In Hospital After Car Crash Around Simitli
- » 12 Die After Rioting in Venezuela
- » Chain Crash Hinder the Movement After Tunnel "Vitinya"
- » Area Near Hospital in Central Sofia Sealed Off after Grenades Found
- » British Boy in Severe Condition after Jacuzzi Incident in Bulgaria
- » Water Supply to Be Cut in Some Sofia Neighborhoods on Monday