Bulgaria's Customs Officers Apprehend 54 Illegal Immigrants at Danube Bridge Checkpoint
Bulgaria's customs officers have apprehended 54 unidentified individuals – reportedly illegal immigrants – at checkpoint Danube Bridge, reports Nova TV.
A total of 46 Syrians and 8 Iraqi nationals were found Friday morning in a truck carrying heavy equipment to Germany, announced the Border Police in the city of Ruse.
All 54 people and the driver of the truck were detained.
Border Police Ruse reported that this is the largest group that has been apprehended at Danube Bridge checkpoint since the beginning of the year.
- » Mother and a Daughter were Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » 9 People were Injured in a Minibus and Tram Accident in Sofia
- » Sixteen People Were Injured in Train Accident in Australia
- » Incident with Bulgaria's Only "Spartan"
- » Malaysia Airlines Aircraft Made an Emergency Landing in Australia
- » A Body of a Man was Found near the Area of Chepinsko Shosse