Bulgaria's Customs Officers Apprehend 54 Illegal Immigrants at Danube Bridge Checkpoint
Bulgaria's customs officers have apprehended 54 unidentified individuals – reportedly illegal immigrants – at checkpoint Danube Bridge, reports Nova TV.
A total of 46 Syrians and 8 Iraqi nationals were found Friday morning in a truck carrying heavy equipment to Germany, announced the Border Police in the city of Ruse.
All 54 people and the driver of the truck were detained.
Border Police Ruse reported that this is the largest group that has been apprehended at Danube Bridge checkpoint since the beginning of the year.
- » Brave Frenchman Saved Bus with Tourists from Falling into an Abyss
- » Ship Caught Fire in Burgas due to Negligent Work
- » Bulgarian Woman Died after an Attempt to Improve the World Record of Deep Diving
- » The Mountain Service Saved a Man in the Troyan Balkan
- » Acid Attack in London, Six People have Suffered
- » More than 100 People are Missing after a Boat Sinks off Libya