Bulgaria's Customs Officers Apprehend 54 Illegal Immigrants at Danube Bridge Checkpoint
Bulgaria's customs officers have apprehended 54 unidentified individuals – reportedly illegal immigrants – at checkpoint Danube Bridge, reports Nova TV.
A total of 46 Syrians and 8 Iraqi nationals were found Friday morning in a truck carrying heavy equipment to Germany, announced the Border Police in the city of Ruse.
All 54 people and the driver of the truck were detained.
Border Police Ruse reported that this is the largest group that has been apprehended at Danube Bridge checkpoint since the beginning of the year.
- » Passenger died after an engine explosion blew out a window mid-flight
- » A Single Mother Barely Survived an Attack by Dogo Argentino
- » Car Hit Pedestrians in Manchester
- » 21-year-old Woman with a Jeep Hit 10 Cars in a Parking Lot in Plovdiv
- » Russian Journalist Died after Falling from a Balcony
- » A Minibus with Children Crashed near Veliko Tarnovo