Thirty Illegal Immigrants Detained in Sofia
Police detained Sunday 30 illegal immigrants in the Druzhba-2 district of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press office has announced.
The operation was carried out at about 08:00 EEST (06:00 GMT), with details yet to be established by authorities.
None of the immigrants has any identity documents.
Nine are children, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
The State Refugees Agency (DAB) has explained those apprehended could be accommodated in refugee centers as long as they submit applications to request refugee status.
On Sunday a total of 70 immigrants from Syria and Iraq were arrested in the capital in two separate operations.
- » The Search for the Boy who Hit Tourists with a Car has Ended, He is Found Dead
- » Earthquake in Central Italy
- » Two People were Injured in a Fire in a Sofia Hotel
- » Pink Camper on a Tour in 25 Cities in Bulgaria to Help Women With Breast Cancer
- » The German President Signed a Law for Gay Marriages
- » NASA Forced to Deny There Was a Long-Lost ‘Civilisation’ on Mars