Thirty Illegal Immigrants Detained in Sofia
Police detained Sunday 30 illegal immigrants in the Druzhba-2 district of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press office has announced.
The operation was carried out at about 08:00 EEST (06:00 GMT), with details yet to be established by authorities.
None of the immigrants has any identity documents.
Nine are children, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
The State Refugees Agency (DAB) has explained those apprehended could be accommodated in refugee centers as long as they submit applications to request refugee status.
On Sunday a total of 70 immigrants from Syria and Iraq were arrested in the capital in two separate operations.
- » There was a Slight Earthquake in the Region of Shumen
- » Climate Change Could Deny You Your Favorite Cup of Coffee
- » New Earthquake in Iran, Dozens were Injured
- » This is How Many Spiders You Eat in Your Sleep Every Year
- » Good Weather over the Weekend, Next Week Begins with Snow
- » 12 Thousand Bulgarians Live and Work in Portugal