Thirty Illegal Immigrants Detained in Sofia
Police detained Sunday 30 illegal immigrants in the Druzhba-2 district of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press office has announced.
The operation was carried out at about 08:00 EEST (06:00 GMT), with details yet to be established by authorities.
None of the immigrants has any identity documents.
Nine are children, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
The State Refugees Agency (DAB) has explained those apprehended could be accommodated in refugee centers as long as they submit applications to request refugee status.
On Sunday a total of 70 immigrants from Syria and Iraq were arrested in the capital in two separate operations.
- » 4 People Dead, 15 Injured in Road Accidents During the Past Day
- » Code Yellow Warning Issued Over Heavy Rain in 18 Bulgarian Districts
- » 3 People Dead, 23 Injured in Road Accidents During Past Day
- » 100 Bulgarian Books Were Introduced to the Library of Congress in Washington D.C
- » Bulgarian Christians Celebrate Ascension of Christ
- » International Poetry Festival Begins Today in Plovdiv