Thirty Illegal Immigrants Detained in Sofia
Police detained Sunday 30 illegal immigrants in the Druzhba-2 district of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press office has announced.
The operation was carried out at about 08:00 EEST (06:00 GMT), with details yet to be established by authorities.
None of the immigrants has any identity documents.
Nine are children, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
The State Refugees Agency (DAB) has explained those apprehended could be accommodated in refugee centers as long as they submit applications to request refugee status.
On Sunday a total of 70 immigrants from Syria and Iraq were arrested in the capital in two separate operations.
- » An Earthquake Shook Britain
- » Passenger Airliner with 66 People Crashed in Iran
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Repeatedly Ran Over on a Highway in the UK
- » A Powerful Earthquake in Mexico (Video)
- » Watch the Documentary Movie For Dobri Dobrev - a Bulgarian Man Known For His Extreme Generosity
- » Interview with Rebecca Sommer About Muslim Immigrants in Germany