Thirty Illegal Immigrants Detained in Sofia
Police detained Sunday 30 illegal immigrants in the Druzhba-2 district of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press office has announced.
The operation was carried out at about 08:00 EEST (06:00 GMT), with details yet to be established by authorities.
None of the immigrants has any identity documents.
Nine are children, according to Novinite's Bulgarian-language website.
The State Refugees Agency (DAB) has explained those apprehended could be accommodated in refugee centers as long as they submit applications to request refugee status.
On Sunday a total of 70 immigrants from Syria and Iraq were arrested in the capital in two separate operations.
- » NIMH: Cold Weather with Temperatures of up to 18-23°, in Sofia Around 18°
- » Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Independence Day
- » These 50 Mobile Apps Drain Money From Your Phone (LIST)
- » Car-Free Day in Downtown Sofia on September 22
- » Sofia Municipality is Planting a New Forest