Number of Refugees in Bulgaria Doubles in 2014
The refugee influx to Bulgaria doubled in the last few months, the State Agency for Refugees informs.
According to Vasil Varbanov, deputy chairman of the Agency, Bulgaria can receive some 6 thousand migrants.
Currently the number of refugees accommodated in the country is 2,843. If the influx is larger and it lasts longer, the Refugee Agency is ready to open new centers for another 800 persons, Varbanov said for Bulgarian National Television.
Since the beginning of the year, the number of asylum seekers in Bulgaria has reached 6,443, compared with the total number of 7,144 people in 2013.
- » A Large Scale Forum will Discuss Double Standards in Food on April 30th
- » 19 Children were Injured in a Car Accident in Germany
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO
- » If You Love the Sun, Beaches and Exotic Places This Job Offer is For You!
- » Scientists have Discovered the Exact Amount of Money that Can Buy Happiness
- » The First Plants Appeared 500 Million Years Ago