Number of Refugees in Bulgaria Doubles in 2014
The refugee influx to Bulgaria doubled in the last few months, the State Agency for Refugees informs.
According to Vasil Varbanov, deputy chairman of the Agency, Bulgaria can receive some 6 thousand migrants.
Currently the number of refugees accommodated in the country is 2,843. If the influx is larger and it lasts longer, the Refugee Agency is ready to open new centers for another 800 persons, Varbanov said for Bulgarian National Television.
Since the beginning of the year, the number of asylum seekers in Bulgaria has reached 6,443, compared with the total number of 7,144 people in 2013.
- » 4 People Dead, 15 Injured in Road Accidents During the Past Day
- » Code Yellow Warning Issued Over Heavy Rain in 18 Bulgarian Districts
- » 3 People Dead, 23 Injured in Road Accidents During Past Day
- » 100 Bulgarian Books Were Introduced to the Library of Congress in Washington D.C
- » Bulgarian Christians Celebrate Ascension of Christ
- » International Poetry Festival Begins Today in Plovdiv