Rumen Porozhanov Takes Over the Finance Ministry
Rumen Porozhanov, the interim Finance Minister in Bulgaria's new caretaker government, was born on August 17, 1964.
A Master in Agricultural Business, Economy and Management and also in Defense Industry, Economy and Management.
Porozhanov has worked at the Ministry of Finance for a long time. Between 1992 and 1995 he was an expert at the Financing of Special Activities Department overseeing the financial situation of companies at the defense sector.
From August 2001 he headed the Finance, Agriculture, Trade and Services Department at the Finance Ministry.
From 2001 to 2009 he headed the Real Sector Department at the ministry.
August 2009 to August 2011 he was Chief of Staff at the Finance Ministry after becoming the Chief Executive of the State Fund Agriculture, a position he held until September 2013.
Since February 2014 he has presided over the Governing Council at the Center for Strategic Analysis, Financing and European Funds.
Between 1993 and 2014 he took different managerial posts in the real and public-sector economy.
He was the Chairman of the Board of Directors at Arsenal JSC in Kazanlak (1993-1999) and Chairman of the Governing Council of Bulgartabac Holding JSC (2001-2005).
Poroznahov was also a member of the Governing Council at Sofia Tobacco Company (2005-2011), and chaired the Board of Directors at Project Company Oil Pipeline Burgas-Alexandroupoli.
Since September 2009, he has chaired the Supervisory Board at the Bulgarian Development Bank.
- » Proportion of the Apolitical People in Bulgaria is Increasing
- » Repair Hinders Traffic on the Lyulin Highway
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov: President Rumen Radev Looks Troubled and Envious of PM Borisov
- » 2140 are the Candidates for 74 Junior Magistrate Positions
- » Large Luggage Can Now Also Ride for Free in Sofia's Public Transport
- » The Ombudsman Organizes a Forum for the Protection of the Rights of Orphans