Ekaterina Zaharieva, Caretaker Deputy PM for Economy
Ekaterina Zaharieva has been appointed caretaker Deputy PM in charge of economic policy, caretaker Minister of Regional Development and Caretaker Minister of Investment Planning
She was born on August 8, 1975.
She graduated from the the Bertolt Brecht Foreign Language High School in Pazardzhik, specializing in German.
Zaharieva obtained an MA in Law from the Plovdiv University "Paisii Hilendarski" and completed specializations at a number of international universities.
She worked as a lawyer in the period 2001- 2003.
Zaharieva was appointed head of a directorate specialized in legal and administrative service at the Ministry of Environment and Water in 2007.
Since August 2009, she has been Deputy Minister in charge of regional Development and Public Works.
She was appointed Chief Secretary of the President on January 23, 2012.
In the period March 13 – May 29, 2013, she was Deputy Prime Minister and Regional Development Minister in the caretaker government appointed by President Rosen Plevneliev.
After that, she was appointed head of the President's Cabinet.
She is fluent in English and German.
- » The National Academy of Arts Wants to Make an Affiliate in Burgas
- » Sofia Mayor Banned the Parking of Buses in Front of the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
- » CEC Test Publicly Remote Electronic Voting
- » The National Council for Tripartite Cooperation Discusses the Minimum Wage Today
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov met with UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans