Volunteer Rescuer Sues The Emergency Phone 112
Milen Angelov, a volunteer participating in rescue operations during the floods in around Veliko Tarnovo, filed a complaint with the prosecution against the emergency phone 112.
According to the Nova TV report, Angelov demands an investigation for inaction, after he witnessed how four people rescued from their flooded home in Debelets were left by the authorities to fend for themselves. According to Angelov, the family was saved by volunteers in a boat, after police and fire fighters looked on helplessly, because they didn't have equipment.
Angelov, who has an experience as a volunteer rescuer in the US, phoned 112 and asked for aerial rescue, but they told him that they will send the fire brigade, instead.
In his complaint to the prosecution Angelov listed specific paragraphs of the Penal Code and the regulations for the work and requirements of the 112 phone line, which have been violated.
The Regional Prosecution Office of Veliko Tarnovo refused to comment.
- » Painter Salvador Dali's Body to be Exhumed For Paternity Suit
- » Yellow Code for Heat in 16 Regions, Thunders Expected in 10
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer