Bulgaria-Turkey Border Fence to Be Ready 'within Days' - DefMin
Bulgaria's Defense Minister Angel Naydenov announced it would take days to complete a border fence being built at the border with Turkey.
"We are days away from having constructed this installation which is important to the Bulgarian Army and necessary for Bulgaria's security," Focus News Agency quoted Naydenov as saying.
The Minister did not specify how many days the process would take, though previous estimates suggested this could happen in end-July or August.
A tide of immigrants fleeing Syria's civil war forced the government last year into building the fence to curb the influx of Syrians and other countries' residence trying to illegally make it into Bulgaria.
- » 5 German Citizens Detained For Involvement in Terrorist Organization
- » President Rumen Radev: Armed Forces at Turning Point
- » Bulgarian Military Personnel Participates in Latvia-Held Multinational Training
- » New Fence Along Bulgaria-Turkey Border In Haskovo to be Longer Than Initially Planned
- » US Commander Gives High Assessment to Relation With Bulgaria in Sphere of Defense
- » The Defence Ministry to Draft a Plan Under Which Defence Spending to Reach 2% of GDP by 2022