Bulgarian and Romanian Migrants Prefer Southern Europe
The Bulgarians and Romanians who leave their home country to live in another EU state, prefer the South, shows a survey of the Center for European Studies “Wilfried Martens”.
It is based on long term observations, which show that Bulgarians and Romanians prefer Italy (37%) and Spain (30%).
Around 12% settle in Germany and barely 5% - in the UK. The survey quotes data of the British national statistics, which shows that between January and May 2014, the number of migrants from Bulgarians and Romanians has decreased by 3000.
- » Bulgarian Project Wins Natura 2000 Award
- » Bulgaria IntMin Reports 30 % Drop in Number of Illegal Migrants in 2016
- » Bulgaria to Have 146-km Wire Fence along Border with Turkey in 2 Months
- » Bulgaria 'More Prepared Than Germany' to Tackle Migrant Inflow, FM Says
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Top 5 in EU by Number of Victims of Trafficking in People
- » Four EU Experts to Analyze Bulgaria's Prosecution