At Least 11 Ukrainian Soldiers Killed in Donetsk – Report
At least 11 Ukrainian soldiers have been killed in the Donetsk region, the government stated.
The Defense Ministry said on its website that "terrorists" armed with automatic rifles and anti-tank weapons attacked a Ukrainian military checkpoint near the Volnovakha area, Donetsk Oblast. As a result of the shootout, 11 people were killed, while some 30 others were injured.
Russian media sources have also reported on the incident, suggesting the casualties were 15. They do not specify how many of them were soldiers and how many separatists.
For over a month, Ukrainian forces and pro-Russian separatists have been fighting in the eastern provinces of the country. Donetsk and Luhansk declared self-independence in what were internationally unrecognized referendums.
Meanwhile, reports suggest that Russia is pulling out its military from the borders, in an attempt to de-escalate the tensions.
- » Fifteen Children and Two Women were Killed in an Air Strike in Eastern Ghouta
- » The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year
- » Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Pedestrian in Arizona, She was to Blame for the Crash (Updated)
- » Revolution: Women in Saudi Arabia will Choose how to Dress Themselves
- » EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
- » Nicolas Sarkozy is Taken for Questioning in Relation to Investigation into the Funding of his Election Campaign