54 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria in Past 24 H
A total of 54 asylum-seekers have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, according to the country’s border police.
39 of them were Syrian nationals, authorities say.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
The number of refugees in the Balkan country is expected to reach 11 000 by the end of 2014.
The Bulgarian Red Cross is raising funds for providing accommodations for refugees. Citizens can give BGN 1 by sending an SMS to the number 1466 available for all mobile networks in Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club