54 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria in Past 24 H
A total of 54 asylum-seekers have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, according to the country’s border police.
39 of them were Syrian nationals, authorities say.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
The number of refugees in the Balkan country is expected to reach 11 000 by the end of 2014.
The Bulgarian Red Cross is raising funds for providing accommodations for refugees. Citizens can give BGN 1 by sending an SMS to the number 1466 available for all mobile networks in Bulgaria.
- » A Woman Smashed Police Patrols Vehicles and Wounded Policemen in Dimitrovgrad
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU by the Number of Women Working in the IT Sector