54 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria in Past 24 H
A total of 54 asylum-seekers have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, according to the country’s border police.
39 of them were Syrian nationals, authorities say.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
The number of refugees in the Balkan country is expected to reach 11 000 by the end of 2014.
The Bulgarian Red Cross is raising funds for providing accommodations for refugees. Citizens can give BGN 1 by sending an SMS to the number 1466 available for all mobile networks in Bulgaria.
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Large Medieval Gold Treasure Seized from Treasure Hunters in Bulgaria’s Kazanlak
- » Death Toll in the Car Accident near Mikre Rises to 9
- » Archaeologists Find Statue of Egyptian Goddess Isis, Satyr’s Head at Roman Villa, Nymphaeum in Bulgaria’s Kasnakovo
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv to Buy Back Roman Forum of Ancient Philipopolis 15 Years after Selling It
- » Archaeologists Have Discovered a Unique Statue of the Goddess Isis