54 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria in Past 24 H
A total of 54 asylum-seekers have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, according to the country’s border police.
39 of them were Syrian nationals, authorities say.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
The number of refugees in the Balkan country is expected to reach 11 000 by the end of 2014.
The Bulgarian Red Cross is raising funds for providing accommodations for refugees. Citizens can give BGN 1 by sending an SMS to the number 1466 available for all mobile networks in Bulgaria.
- » The Search for the Boy who Hit Tourists with a Car has Ended, He is Found Dead
- » Earthquake in Central Italy
- » Two People were Injured in a Fire in a Sofia Hotel
- » Pink Camper on a Tour in 25 Cities in Bulgaria to Help Women With Breast Cancer
- » The German President Signed a Law for Gay Marriages
- » NASA Forced to Deny There Was a Long-Lost ‘Civilisation’ on Mars