Bulgarian Border Police Detain 79 Syrian Refugees in 1 Day
Bulgarian border police authorities have detained a total of 86 refugees who have entered the country from Turkey.
79 of the individuals detained are Syrian, Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry informs.
The total capacity of refugee shelters of the State Refugee Agency and of special homes of the Interior Ministry is 1 930 beds. It has already been exceeded by 489 beds.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war.
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
- » Bulgaria's Culture Ministry Announces Stance on Koprivshtitsa Issue
- » Temporary Organisation of Traffic Introduced in Sofia in Relation to Event held at Sofia City Art Gallery
- » Just 10% of Disabled in Bulgaria Employed
- » Orban Drives Out Central European University
- » Movies About Claude Mone, Picasso, Joseph Brodsky During This Year 'Master of Art' Festival
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients