Bulgarian Border Police Detain 67 Immigrants in 1 Day
Bulgarian Border Police have detained a total of 67 foreign nationals who illegally crossed Turkey’s border with Bulgaria illegally over the last 24 hours, the Interior Ministry announced.
The majority of those detained did not have IDs, the Ministry said.
57 were Syrian, while the others were from Palestine, Eritrea, Cameroon, Morocco and Saudi Arabia.
Nationals of full age have been temporary detained, while mothers and children have been accommodated in special facilities.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses