Bulgarian Border Police Detain 67 Immigrants in 1 Day
Bulgarian Border Police have detained a total of 67 foreign nationals who illegally crossed Turkey’s border with Bulgaria illegally over the last 24 hours, the Interior Ministry announced.
The majority of those detained did not have IDs, the Ministry said.
57 were Syrian, while the others were from Palestine, Eritrea, Cameroon, Morocco and Saudi Arabia.
Nationals of full age have been temporary detained, while mothers and children have been accommodated in special facilities.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria
- » Bomb Exploded in front of a Police Station in Sweden
- » 2 Police Officers Arrested and Charged with Drug Distribution and Taking Bribes