31 Syrians Nabbed on Bulgarian-Turkish Border in 24 Hours
Bulgaria’s border police has detained a total of 46 immigrants who have illegally crossed the country’s border with Turkey in the last 24 hours, 31 of them - Syrian nationals.
Over 368 Syrian asylum-seekers have reached Bulgaria since September 5.
The total capacity of refugee shelters of the State Refugee Agency and of special homes of the Interior Ministry is 1 930 beds. It has already been exceeded by 335 beds.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
The Bulgarian Red Cross is ready to launch a national charity drive.
There is no current threat of epidemics, the authorities have assured, following media publications.
Bulgaria, which shares a border with Turkey, may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
About 3,000 illegal migrants were caught crossing the border in the first eight months of the year, of which about 1,600 were Syrians, according to the Interior Ministry.
That compares with about 2,000 migrants detained last year.
- » Bulgaria Continues to Return to Turkey Asylum Seekers
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Romania and Croatia will help the European Integration of the Western Balkans
- » At least 4 Migrants Die as Boat Capsizes in Black Sea
- » Bulgarian President: 'Fight Against Corruption Must be Uncompromising'
- » Head of state: The Strategic Partnership Between Bulgaria and the United States is a Prerequisite For a Far more Active Cooperation in Investments
- » Intensified Police checks During the European Day Without a Road Death
We should not welcome the Syrian refugees.
These people are hostile to our culture and civilization. One day they will destabilize us. Why they do not stay in Iran and Turkey. Why they do not move towards Azerbaijan or Egypt or Saudi Arabia or other Muslim country????. Turkey has better options to shelter them. Turkey has much better economy. Why the Turks push them towards Europe?????
I am sure they are actively pushing them towards Europe. This is part of the relentless biological invasion.
And finally why USA played in the hands of the Saudis and helped so much in destabilizing the secular state of Syria. Saudis that killed so many Americans on the 11 of September. USA is helping their cause….why??? Without external help this religiously inspired rebellion would have been suppressed very fast.