2012 First Group of Bulgarian Researches Sets Off for Antarctica
This year's first group of Bulgarian researchers and explorers has set off for the Bulgarian base in Antarctica after the nine-month winter on the ice continent.
The 9 men and women set out from Sofia on Friday, in order to prepare Bulgaria's base on Antarctica's Livingston island for the Antarctic summer.
The latest group has thus given the start of the 21st annual Bulgarian exploratory expedition to Antarctica, which will focus studying climate change.
The Bulgarian researchers are expected to make to Antarctica on December 1, 2012, by sailing on a Brazilian ice-breaker, after getting their food and construction supplies from South America.
"I expect everything to be alright. The team that has been preparing the base for the winter is experienced enough, and, unless there are any calamities that might have caused damages, I hope that everything will be fine, and that we will be able to revive our base shortly," explained Yordan Yordanov from the Bulgarian Antarctic expedition, as cited by bTV.
- » Hurricane Irma, Bitcoin, Sex Scandals, and Royal Romance are Among the Hottest Public Topics for the Year
- » Every Fifth Child has Met with a Stranger from the Internet
- » 150 New Trees were Planted in the Lauta Park in Plovdiv
- » Which are the Most Dangerous and Which - the Most Attractive toys on the Market at the Moment?
- » Robbie Williams was in Intensive Care for a Week
- » Only 6% of Bulgarians Decided to Use the Opportunity to Take Out Their Insurance Online