Bulgaria's Wrestling Champ Elis Guri Advances, but Not Easily
Wrestling world champion Elis Guri of Bulgaria has reached the quarter finals in London after an expected, but surprisingly difficult victory.
In 96 kilograms, Elis Guri overcame Soso Jabidze of Georgia 2:1.
Guri finished in eighth place for Albania in Beijing, but after joining up with Bulgaria he's won bronze at the European championships in 2011 and the world title in Istanbul a year ago.
He is among the top favorites to reach the finals.
- » Bulgarian Paralympians Win 3 Medals in London
- » Bulgaria Grabs 3rd Paralympics Medal
- » Bulgaria Grabs First Paralympics 2012 Medal
- » Michael Phelps Might be Deprived of London 2012 Medals
- » London 2012 Organizers Auction Off Bulgaria's Olympic Flag
- » BOC Head Judges Bulgarian Olympic Performance 'Very Weak'