Former Russian PM Chernomyrdin Dies
Former Russian prime minister Viktor Chernomyrdin, who created gas behemoth Gazprom, has died, the Kremlin said on Wednesday. He was 72.
Chernomyrdin was politically close to former president Boris Yeltsin and served as premier between 1992 and 1998.
President Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin expressed their sympathies to his family.
After the end of his stint as Russia's ambassador to Ukraine last year, he acted as Medvedev's adviser and special representative on economic cooperation with members of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
As a former minister for the gas industry, he was a for a long time considered one of the country's most influential politicians. After the creation of Gazprom he was elected board chairman of the gas giant.
- » The Actress Dafina Katsarska is One of the Two Women Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » One More Member of Motorhead Died
- » Singer Johnny Hallyday Dies Aged 74
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44