Many Killed in Madeira Floods, Mudslides
Thirty-two people have been killed in floods and mudslides after torrential rains hit the Portuguese island of Madeira, a government minister says.
Sixty-three others were reported have been injured on the Atlantic island, which is popular with foreign tourists.
It is not yet clear whether there are tourists are among the casualties, the BBC reported.
The local civil protection service was "overwhelmed" by calls from people asking for help after the rains.
Television pictures showed muddy torrents coursing down narrow channels and spilling over the sides, roads awash with water and streets littered with debris.
- » US Delegation in Ankara After Turkey’s Afrin Operation
- » Gas Leak in Central London Closes Train Station, Hotels Evacuated
- » Trump Signs Bill Ending Government Shutdown After 3 Days
- » Pope Apologizes to Sexual Abuse Victims for Comments that "Wounded Many"
- » Scientists Calculated when Men will Disappear
- » U.S. Еmbassy to Мove to Jerusalem by the Еnd of 2019