Record Snowfall Coats Las Vegas
The heaviest Arctic blast in nearly three decades has coated the normally sunny US city.
It was biggest December snowfall on record there, and the worst for any month since a 7 1/2 -inch accumulation in January 1979.
Tourists and locals handed off cameras, taking turns snapping pictures.
Business people who normally hop day flights between Las Vegas and California were seen in hotel lobbies scrambling to find an available room.
The wintry weather also whipped California. There were at least 20 inches of snow in Wrightwood, 5 inches in the hills above Malibu and 6 inches or more in Palmdale, according to the Los Angeles Times.
In Washington, Seattle got four inches of snow and Spokane got 17 inches - breaking a 24-hour record total of 13 inches set in 1984.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 349 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Expects a New Russian Offensive Very Soon
- » Turkey's Energy Infrastructure after the Earthquakes: Huge Fire, Stopped Gas and Oil Pipelines
- » More than 4,300 People Died from Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- » Thousands of Dead after Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria (OVERVIEW)
- » European Commission: The Imposition of Additional Conditions for Schengen on Bulgaria is Unfair
- » New 7.5 Earthquake in Turkey