Head of Russian Orthodox Church Dies at 79
"This is an irretrievable loss for all Russian Orthodox people, wherever they live," speaker of the upper house of the parliament, Sergei Mironov, declared.
Patriarch Alexy II was an establishment figure who restored the authority of the church after decades of Soviet repression and had been a moral authority among millions of Russian believers.
The patriarch had led the world's biggest Orthodox church since 1990.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation in the Eurozone Fell to 8.5% in January
- » The European Commission approved Funds for Highway "Europa" from Sofia to Kalotina
- » Day 343 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US will provide Long-Awaited Longer-Range Weapons (UPDATED)
- » Record Sales of Electric Cars in Europe for 2022
- » Chip War: US tightens Noose on China with Japan-Netherlands Deal
- » EU with Higher Solar and Wind Energy Production in 2022 than Gas