Bulgaria's First Starbucks Coffeehouse Opens in Sofia
The coffeehouse is located on the corner of the Vasil Levski Blvd and the Gurko Blvd in the downtown of the Bulgaria capital - a spot formerly occupied by a Pizza Hut restaurant.
According to Yanis Kalfakakos, the Managing Director of the Starbucks franchise partner in the Balkans - the Greek Marinopoulos Coffee Company, the global financial crisis had not affect Starbucks' plans to enter the Bulgarian market.
Kalfakakos said the chain was ready to open one or two more Starbucks coffeehouses in Bulgaria every year, depending on the market demand.
Bulgaria's northern neighbor Romania could be seen as an example in this respect - the first Starbucks opened there in 2007, and already has six coffeehouses.
One more Starbucks coffeehouse will be opened in Sofia by the end of 2008. It will be located at the corner of the Vasil Levski Blvd and the Fritjof Nansen Street.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BSMEPA and BDB will host the 17th annual meeting of INSME in Sofia on December 9-10
- » Switzerland has introduced a Mandatory PCR Test Requirement upon Entry
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators are Reporting Increased Interest in Charter Programs for the Holidays
- » US has Introduced Mandatory COVID-19 Negative Test Requirement for those Arriving by Plane
- » Kristalina Georgieva: Omicron could Slow Down the Pace of Global Economic Recovery
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14