Oil Drops Below USD 55 amid Slowing Global Demand
US crude futures was down a cent at USD 56.15 by 1136 GMT, recovering from a session low of USD 54.67, which was the weakest level since January 30, 2007.
On Thursday, the International Energy Agency in a monthly report slashed its global oil demand forecast for next year and said this year's increase in consumption had been the slowest since 1985.
The agency predicted demand would expand next year by only 350,000 barrels per day (bpd), down 340,000 bpd from its forecast in last month's report.
Oil has lost more than 60% of its value since hitting an all-time high above USD 147 a barrel in July.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NPC International, The Largest Franchisee of Pizza Hut in U.S., Files for Bankruptcy
- » EasyJet May Cut Three UK Airport Bases
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism Angelkova: The Measure 60/40 Becomes 80/20 for the Tourism Sector
- » Important: Greece Can Only be Entered Through the Kulata Border Checkpoint
- » Airbus Cuts Nearly 15,000 Jobs to Adapt COVID-19 Environment
- » WizzAir with New Route From Sofia - Mykonos