Bulgaria Industrial Production Down by 13%
The most significant decreases are registered in the production of metals - 30,8%, production of metal items, excluding machinery, equipment, and appliances - 18,5%, production of chemical products - 15,8%.
In one year the total industrial production has decreased by 6,2% based on comparison between August of 2007 and 2008. The production in the manufacturing sector has decreased by 6,3% in one year, the mining industry registers a 3,7% decrease, while the production and the distribution of water, gas and electric power is down by 7,5%.
Sales revenues also show significant reductions - 13,3% less in August 2008, compared to July. The manufacturing industry has gone down in revenues from sales by 14,9%, the mining is down by 5,8%, however, the sales revenues from the production and the distribution of water, gas and electric power are up by 1,4%.
In August 2008 the sales revenues are 5,8% smaller than those of August 2007.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Threatens to Cut Export of Vaccines amid row with AstraZeneca on Shortage of Supplies
- » Norway Further Tightens Entry Restrictions: PCR Tests Taken 24 Hours Before Departure Becomes Mandatory
- » Bulgaria: Restaurants and Health Minister Strike Deal – Opening Date March 1
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Extended Till April 30
- » Bulgarian Restaurateurs Give up Protest, Don’t Want to Be Blamed for Disease Spread
- » Bulgarian Business Community: Vaccines Should Be Available on Commercial Market