Bulgaria Road Fund Has Abused EU Funds in 21 Projects
The information was announced Tuesday before Darik radio by the Chair of the Monitoring Board of the National Agency "Road Infrastructure" Ivan Atanasov. Atanasov and the Agency's leadership met Monday with the Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Plugchieva to discuss the work of the new Agency.
The total amount of the illegally distributed funds from the EU program is estimated at BGN 500 M.
The new Agency's leadership has established numerous tender violations and is going to cancel the selection of contractors for all 21 projects while new tenders are going to be announced in the near future.
Regarding the EU "Transport" program, Atanasov stated that there was a significant delay in the construction of the "Lyulin" highway with only 14% currently completed, adding that the 2010 deadline was not going to be met under these conditions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria