Bulgaria Border Checkpoints Jammed by Turkish Transit Vehicles
About 1850 vehicles and 5,000 individuals have left Bulgaria through Kalotina since Saturday morning until 4:30 pm.
The border policemen are working at six locations at the checkpoint with full technical and staff capacity - 25 employees are serving the endless flow of transit passengers going to Western Europe, most of them Turkish nationals.
At the other border checkpoint "Capitan Andreevo," there is a line of 400 vehicles. The line is serviced by nine border counters and by 37 employees of the border police. Three Turkish citizens were detained at the checkpoint Saturday while attempting to illegally cross the border hidden in the trunks of cars.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russian COVID-19 Vaccine in the Form of Yogurt?
- » Programme for Graduates Returning to Bulgaria for Work Postponed for Next Year
- » Government of Bulgaria will Allocate BGN 600,000 for the Rila Monastery
- » WHO: Be Careful, This is Still a Killer Virus, after Claim by Italian Doctor
- » The Weather Today - June 2nd
- » 19 New Cases of Coronavirus in Bulgaria, Total: 2538 on June 2