74 Russian Soldiers Killed in S.Ossetia - Report
"At least 74 servicemen were killed, 171 were wounded and 19 are missing in action as of Wednesday morning," Col. Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn, deputy head of the General Staff, said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
A day of mourning was declared in Russia on Wednesday.
Russian authorities said earlier about 1,600 civilians were killed and more than 30,000 have fled South Ossetia since Georgia launched a large-scale offensive last Friday.
During the subsequent Russian military operation against Georgia, Moscow sent some 10,000 troops and several hundred armoured vehicles in the region.
Nogovitsyn said figures for Georgian losses were currently unavailable.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up