Bulgaria Cabinet Puts off Decision to Provide Plovdiv Fair with Plot in Sofia

Business | July 17, 2008, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0

The Bulgarian government had to postpone its decision to transfer the ownership of a plot in Sofia to the International Plovdiv Fair Company.

The plot of 82 decares located close to Sofia Airport is owned by the Ministry of Transport. It was supposed to be given to the fair company, which wants to open a branch in Bulgaria's capital.

The Bulgarian state owns 51% of the International Plovdiv Fair Company, whereas the remaining 49% are owned by the Plovdiv Municipality.

The Bulgarian businessman Georgi Gergov , who is the CEO of the Plovdiv Fair, has been the main proponent of the idea to open branches of the country's largest expo in several other cities such as Sofia, Varna, and Veliko Turnovo.

The decision to transfer the ownership of the plot had to be put off because the land turned out to have been set aside for planting trees within the Sofia Urban Plan.

Thus, it will be illegal to build expo centers or any other buildings of the plot unless the Sofia City Council gives a special permission.

We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!

Business » Be a reporter: Write and send your article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
Bulgaria news Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) is unique with being a real time news provider in English that informs its readers about the latest Bulgarian news. The editorial staff also publishes a daily online newspaper "Sofia Morning News." Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) and Sofia Morning News publish the latest economic, political and cultural news that take place in Bulgaria. Foreign media analysis on Bulgaria and World News in Brief are also part of the web site and the online newspaper. News Bulgaria